Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 5

I really enjoyed this weeks class. we talked about dating! i recently broke up with my really serious boyfriend. we met here at BYU-I and then we both served missions, when i got home in February we started dating. we dated for about 6 months, we had plans to get engaged. we went ring shopping, he met my family, and i had a plane ticket to fly out to Arizona and meet his family. but the more i thought about it and the way that i felt i knew that i wasn't as happy as i could be. i didn't feel like i was completely myself. even though he was a great guy and our relationship was amazing, i knew that there was more. so i broke up with him. so this class has been really good for me to get my head back on straight and get back into the world of dating.

One conversation that we had in class i really appreciated. we talked about people "practicing marriage" while they are just dating. meaning going to the temple for a date, or reading Scriptures together. i have roommates that do this and it worries me sometimes. obviously those things are so important and we should be doing them, but i really believe that they are also sacred. they should be done with a spouse, not someone that is just a fling or something that wont develop into a marriage. the class discussion gave me a few ideas of how i could bring this up with my roommates and explain to them that it isnt the appropriate time to be doing those things and they could be doing things much different to build up their relationships with their boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment