Saturday, October 10, 2015

Week 3

hey hey!
This week's discussions were really great. The topic I want to talk about is CULTURES. Are they equal??? My personal opinion is no. our cultures are not equal, that is why there is racism and such hate in the world, because we do things differently! Being part of the LDS religion, that is my culture. My religion is everything, it makes up who I am and what im doing, what i want to do, and where I am headed. And just as me, there are plenty of people that feel the same way about their religion, or even the place that they are from.

I served a mission in Kansas. I served in a little town called Dodge City. It was an old town, and had a high hispanic population. I fell in love with the spanish people there. I love them so much!! Their culutre is one that i will not forget, they were the nicest, most considerate people i have ever met in my life. they would always let us into their homes, they would make sure that we had food to eat and warm clothes. They were amazing, and going to other places in kansas not everyone treated us like that. I knew it was because that was their culture, they were taught that way, and they teach that way. i love it!!

i believe that our cultures can be the same, through the gospel of jesus christ we can all become one. we can learn from eachother and teach eachother. that will be an amazing day.



No comments:

Post a Comment